Many people refuse to embrace the health benefits of green tea because they claim to hate green tea. What a shame!
While green tea is not my favorite cup of tea (I'm a real black tea/oolong/rooibos fan), I have found several green teas I can truly enjoy. The trick to finding a green tea you can enjoy is defining what you hate about it. Not all green teas are created equally.Talk to me about it and I'll walk your through the vast selection of green teas we carry.
- Have you had green tea from a tea bag? Loose leaf tea is far superior!
- Have you only had bottled green tea? Well, that's a lot more about water, high fructose corn syrup and citric acid than it is tea. Read the ingredient label.
- Did you hate that it was bitter? This might not have been the tea at all. It may have been the preparation. Most people don't know that the water temperature should be lower (185º) than boiling. Also, the steeping time must be carefully watched. Most green teas will not tolerate steeping beyond three minutes without releasing bitter-tasting tannins.
- Did you hate that is was too light? Though green teas aren't known for their boldness, but there are some in stock at SensibiliTeas that are a little bolder, a little more full-flavored.
- Did you hate that it was grassy? Not all green teas are grassy.
- Maybe you are a flavors person? You can get all the benefits of green tea from a flavored green tea as well. Are you fruity? Minty? Spicy? We have all those options available.
Come tell us why you hate green tea, and we'll see what we can do about finding one you'd like. All we are saying, is give greens a chance!